Recent Blog Posts
Jumping on the hype train about Blender 2.8 and while it's looking nice, getting to grips with new software is always hard.
Documentation for 2.8 is currently being updated.
I therefore compiled a list of hotkeys that I found useful for working with Blender:
|Shift + Space||Open Toolbar Menu|
|Right Mouse||Open Vertex / Edge / Face Context Menu|
|Alt + E||Open Selected Tool Menu (will enable numeric value entry!)|
|Ctrl + V||Open Vertex Menu|
|Ctrl + E||Open Edge Menu|
|Ctrl + F||Open Face Menu|
|U||Open UV Menu|
|Shift + A||Open Mesh Primitives Menu|
|Delete||Open Delete Menu|
Posted in Blender on by Daniel Kürsten
Optimisation tips for various platforms taken from various Unity/Unite talks:
- Enable Single-Pass Stereo
- Static Batching - One material per Mesh and mark meshes as static.
- Bake Lighting - Per-pixel lights break batches.
- Occlusion Culling - Don't draw stuff you can't see.
- If Umbra fails build custom occlusion engine - Interiors work better with a custom portal engine.
- Oculus Go can handle large textures - 4096x4096
- Oculus Go can do small head translations in addition to head rotation.
- Faster Fragmen...
Here is a quick cheat sheet on how to add a proper ssh key for Sourcetree / Bitbucket from a Windows system with the PuTTY Key Generator.
The process is not complicated by any means, but getting things mixed up simply results in Bitbucket or Sourcetree rejecting the key, making tracking down the problem more difficult than it should be.
- Press Generate to create the key.
- Press Save private key to save the private key to disk.
- Copy the public key from the text area box above into the clipboard.
- Paste the public key into the Bitbucket > Settings > SSH Keys section on the website.
Posted in Development on by Daniel Kürsten